Sunday, April 4, 2010

Welcome

Contrary to what was said on Twitter, we are not launching a witch hunt to find out who has our goat. He’s safe and well, grazing the virtual paddocks here at Got my goat?

So what are we on about? Well those with a penchant for goat detective work will be sorely disappointed. But for those aficionados of goat based puns, we welcome you.

The origin of who’s got your goat, like the origin of many phrases, is clouded by history and more than a few renditions tainted by the amber liquid. But it goes something like this... goats were said to have a calming effect on race horses when placed in the barn, and they would get upset if someone took away the goat. So when someone is annoyed, their goat is missing– someone has got your goat!

And do you know what has got my goat today? Who would have thought it to be so hard to register a goat based blog name. I mean, how many people out there are actually fighting for a goat domain. Quite a lot it seems. Who’s got your goat, get my goat, why do you have my goat – people have a lot of issues with goats. And now there is one more.

Got my goat?

0 comments:

Post a Comment